Waxing is a method of semi-permanent hair removal which removes the hair from the root. New hairs will not grow back in the previously waxed area for two to eight weeks. Waxing is accomplished by spreading a wax combination thinly over the skin. A cloth or paper strip is then pressed on the top and ripped off with a quick movement against the direction of hair growth. This removes the wax along with the hair.
||TYPES OF WAXING
- Eyebrow waxing
- Leg waxing
- Arm/underarm waxing
- Back waxing
- Foot waxing
- Chest waxing
- Entire body waxing
- Bikini waxing
- Upper lip waxing
There are many benefits to waxing versus other forms of hair removal.
YOUR FIRST WAX
- Waxing is an effective method to remove large amounts of hair at one time.
- Waxing is a long-lasting method. Hair in waxed areas will not grow back for two to eight weeks.
- When hair is shaved or removed by depilatory cream, the hair is removed at the surface rather than the root. Within a few days, the hair can be seen at the surface. With these methods, hair tends to grow back in a rough stubble.
- Areas that are repeatedly waxed over long periods of time often exhibit re-growth that is softer.
- Waxing is quick, convenient and inexpensive.
Almost any area of the body can be waxed, but you must have at least 3-4 weeks worth of hair growth for your first wax. Your first wax may only last three weeks and you may notice your hair growing even sooner then that. This is because your hair grows in cycles, but with each wax you will notice your hair will grow in much finer and slower allowing more time in between waxes.
DOES IT HURT?
Some areas are more sensitive than others and there maybe some slight discomfort, but with our experienced esthetician, the discomfort will be minimal.
ABOUT OUR ESTHETICIAN
Melanie, who provides our waxing services, is an experienced, licensed esthetician. She offers the utmost in hygienic service, and comfort in her waxing services for any area of your body.
Actual Before and After Waxing Example